Not sure where to start?
Check us out on youtube!
Moringa Tree (Moringa oleifera) 4"
🌿 Discover the Remarkable Moringa Tree (Moringa oleifera) 🌿
Your Nutrient-Rich, Fast-Growing Super Tree! 🌳
Are you on the hunt for a powerhouse tree that's not only highly nutritious but also incredibly versatile in the kitchen? Look no further than the Moringa Tree (Moringa oleifera), also known as the Tree of Life, Horseradish Tree, Ben Oil Tree, and Drumstick Tree. Plant it in your garden, and you can enjoy the benefits of this incredible plant.
🪴 All Parts Edible & Medicinal 🪴
- Leaves 🍃
- Flowers 🌼
- Seeds 🌰
- Pods 🌱
- Roots 🌿
The Moringa Tree is a fast grower and can become root-bound, so we recommend planting it directly in the ground for optimal growth. To maintain its appearance and ease of harvest, keep it at a maximum height of 8-12 ft. You can even prune it to an indoor-friendly size!
Harvesting Tips 🌞
- Always harvest from the top of the tree, never the bottom.
- Cut on a diagonal to promote water run-off.
- The leaves are perfect for soups and can be dried and ground into a powder for year-round use.
Eating Moringa leaves, either fresh or powdered, provides a long-lasting energy boost thanks to the high concentration of nutrients and enzymes.
The Nutrient Powerhouse 🌱
The Moringa Tree is truly amazing, packed full of nutrients. Regular consumption could make malnutrition a thing of the past. Whether you want to add it to your own diet or use it as animal fodder, this versatile plant is a must-have. It tolerates various soil types, adapts to diverse conditions, and thrives in full sun. Don't miss out on the benefits of the Moringa Tree; order your seed packet today!
- Size of Plant: Ships in a 4” pot
- Growing Zones: Thrives in USDA zones 9+
- Growth Habits: Can exceed 30-40 ft. in height, maintain at 8-12 ft. maximum or prune to an indoor-friendly size
- Ornamental/Support Plant: Yes
- Container Growth: Possible, but optimal growth is achieved when planted in the ground
- Indoor Growth: Not recommended for indoor growth
- Appeal: Vibrant green leaves, slender trunk, and distinctive appearance
- Ornamental Landscaping: Perfect for adding a touch of lush greenery and uniqueness to your landscape
- Flavor Profile: The leaves have a mild peppery flavor, similar to arugula
- Culinary Uses & Applications: Ideal for soups, salads, smoothies, and more
- Fruiting Habits: Produces drumstick-like seed pods in abundance
- Historical & Cultural Uses: A rich history of use in traditional medicine and culinary traditions
Origins and Cultural Significance 🌍
The Moringa Tree finds its roots in the heartlands of Africa and India, where it has been celebrated for centuries. In these regions, it is revered not only for its exceptional nutritional value but also for its versatile applications in traditional medicine, culinary traditions, and more. The Moringa Tree's journey from its origins to global recognition is a testament to its incredible worth.
Growing the Moringa Tree in Containers 🪴
For those who wish to keep their Moringa Tree in a container, it's entirely possible! Here's how:
Container Selection: Choose a spacious container with good drainage. A 15-gallon container is recommended to provide ample space for the tree's roots.
Potting Mix: Select a well-draining potting mix, preferably one designed for fruit trees.
Placement: Place your container in a sunny spot where your Moringa Tree can receive full sun exposure. Adequate sunlight is crucial for its growth.
Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Ensure that the container has proper drainage to prevent water stagnation.
Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) to provide essential nutrients.
Pruning: Regular pruning helps shape the tree and encourages bushier growth, making it more suitable for container gardening.
Mulching: Mulching around the base of the tree helps retain moisture, regulate soil temperature, and suppress weeds.
Pests and Diseases: Keep an eye out for common pests and diseases, addressing any issues promptly with organic pest control methods.
Best Practices for Thriving Moringa Tree 🌳
For Outdoor Gardeners 🌳
Where to Plant Outdoors 🪴
- Ensure you are in USDA hardiness zones 9+ or a similarly suitable subtropical or tropical climate.
- Find a sunny spot in your garden that receives full sun, allowing your Moringa Tree to thrive.
How to Plant Outdoors 🌱
- Opt for well-draining soil in your garden bed, and plant the Moringa Tree with the root crown level with the soil surface.
- Space multiple trees 6-8 feet apart to accommodate their mature size.
How to Care for Outdoor Moringa Tree 🌿
- The Moringa Tree can thrive in various soil types, but ensure it has good drainage.
- Maintain consistently moist soil to support healthy growth while avoiding waterlogging.
- Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer during the growing season to provide essential nutrients for your outdoor Moringa Tree.
- Regular pruning outdoors is key to shaping and encouraging bushier growth.
- Enhance moisture retention and suppress weeds by mulching with hardwood mulch around the base of the tree.
- Keep an eye on your garden for common pests and diseases, addressing any issues promptly with organic pest control methods.
No matter where you choose to grow your Moringa Tree, following these best practices will ensure it thrives and adds beauty to your outdoor space. 🌿🌳🌞
Order your Moringa Tree now and embark on a journey of nutrition, gardening, and culinary delights! 🌱🪴🌍
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE PURCHASING LIVE PLANTS:
*Please be advised that our online store selections are NOT available for pickup at our retail location in Spring Hill, Florida.
Inventory for our online store is located at a separate facility and are priced and handled exclusively for packaging & shipping.
Click here to learn more about our Spring Hill, FL retail nursery location, including countless more nursery selections ready for pickup - larger sizes and wider variety of plants not suitable for nationwide delivery.
1. Shipping Stress: Transportation can be stressful for plants, particularly when they spend several days in a confined, dark environment. It’s common for plants to experience leaf drop during this period. Rest assured, most plants typically recover quickly and thrive with minimal aftercare. However, some may need extra attention, love, and care, requiring appropriate watering and exposure to gentle light post-unboxing.
2. Potential Physical Damage: Despite our dedicated efforts to ensure that your plants are securely packaged, they may incur damage during shipping and handling by UPS. Rest assured, our shipping team is committed to packing your selections with utmost care and precision to minimize any potential harm.
For significant box damage, please reach out to UPS within 30 days to initiate a claim.
For minor damages, such as a broken branch or stem, we advise allowing the plant time to recover and regenerate with proper care and attention.
3. Long-Distance Shipping Considerations: Orders shipped over long distances, particularly to the western US, may take 3 - 5 business days to arrive due to various factors, including agricultural inspections in Arizona, California, and Texas. Such extended transit times can be particularly challenging for tender, young plants, affecting their quality due to prolonged confinement.
We take additional measures during packaging to facilitate a swift recovery of the plants upon unboxing.
Initial extra care and attention might be required over the first few weeks post-transport.
For further guidance, kindly review our detailed policies on returns and refunds, as well as our comprehensive plant care guide. We appreciate your understanding and patience in nurturing your new plants.
🌿 Important Shipping Information
Please take a moment to review our shipping protocols designed to ensure your plants arrive in optimal condition.
Countdown Clock: At the top of our online store, you'll notice a countdown clock. This tool helps communicate our weekly shipping schedule, providing clarity on when you can expect your orders to be dispatched.
Shipping Schedule: Our nursery, located in the heart of Central Florida, ships orders once weekly, every Monday. This is a strategic decision to prevent packages from being stationary over the weekends, ensuring that our plants travel as swiftly as possible across the country, even reaching as far as California.
Shipping Method: At present, we offer ground shipping rates to meet various needs while maintaining the well-being of our plants during transit.
Our Dedicated Team: We are a boutique nursery with a passionate team. Our members wear many hats, contributing to shipping, nursery operations, and engaging in valuable local projects. As we blossom and expand, rest assured that enhancing and streamlining our processes remains a priority to serve you better
Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Live Plants
1. Understanding of Shipping Stress
By purchasing live plants from our store, the customer acknowledges that transportation can be stressful for plants. It is common for plants to undergo leaf drop or experience other temporary issues during shipping. However, it is understood that most plants recover quickly with adequate care and attention post-shipping.
2. Awareness of Potential Physical Damage
Customers acknowledge that despite our best efforts in packaging, there may be occurrences of damage during shipping and handling. For substantial damages to the package, customers agree to contact UPS within 30 days to initiate a claim.
3. Acknowledgement of Long-Distance Shipping Considerations
Customers recognize that shipments, especially those directed to the western US, may be subjected to longer shipping durations of 3-5 business days. Customers agree to provide necessary care to the plants, recognizing that the quality of the plants may be affected due to prolonged shipping times.
4. Agreement with Shipping Information and Schedule
Customers, by making a purchase, have reviewed and agreed upon our shipping protocols and schedules. They acknowledge the presence of a countdown clock on the website and our once-weekly shipping policy every Monday, recognizing the rationale behind avoiding weekend layovers for the plants.
5.Extreme Weather Conditions
Customers acknowledge that our store is not responsible for damage or loss of live plants due to extreme weather conditions during transit and delivery. This includes exposure to cold or freezing temperatures during the winter months and extreme heat during the summer. We provide tracking information when orders are processed every Monday to ensure customers are aware of the delivery schedule. It is the customer's responsibility to prevent packages from being left outside in conditions that may cause damage. Our store does not accept responsibility for any adverse effects caused by weather conditions beyond our control.
6. No Refund Policy
Customers agree that refunds are only processed under exceptional circumstances. Our store will not be held responsible for poor plant choices relative to location suitability, extreme conditions during and/or post-shipment, and improper post-purchase plant care.
7. Responsibility of Care
Upon purchase, customers agree to assume full responsibility for the ongoing care of the plants. This includes, but is not limited to, appropriate watering, exposure to suitable light, and adherence to specific care instructions pertinent to each plant type.
By proceeding with this purchase, customers consent to all the terms and conditions stated above, confirming understanding and agreement to all stipulations mentioned.
These terms and conditions aim to ensure clarity, mutual understanding, and agreement between the seller and the customer to facilitate a smooth transaction and foster a positive customer experience.